Welcome to Southern Virginia Properties real estate news and tips page. We want to provide you with useful information about Southern Virginia lifestyle, home buying and selling tips and home maintenance and improvement ideas. Let us know how you like our content.
MESSAGE ABOUT COVID-19: We at Southern Virginia Properties are doing everything we can to assure that our clients, both Sellers and Buyers, are safe during this unfortunate pandemic. Here are a few of the ways we have altered the way we conduct business:
Most importantly despite the State by State COVID-19 stay at home orders, Real Estate Brokerage is considered an essential business. Therefore, we are working, servicing our clients.
1) We do most of our communications via phone, text, email and via our website contact management capabilities
2) We are providing video tours of most of our listings
3) We are offering Buyers a chance to tour a property via Live Video Chat either through Facebook, Google Chat, or any other means that are compatible
4) We are conducting Live Video Open Houses with a Live Watch Party on Facebook
5) If onsite showings occur, we ask that both Sellers and Buyers sign a waiver indemnifying us all from harm due to showing during the COVID-19 stay at home orders.
6) We are using all the guidelines for precaution such as wearing masks and gloves and keeping a 6ft distance as we meet clients
7) We are providing the option for digital signatures on all agreements and contracts
Please feel free to contact us at (276) 666-HOME or send us a request through our Contact Us button on the top navigation bar of our website.
We are always ready to help you with your NEXT MOVE!
Elle Wilk, Broker
Southern Virginia Properties
June 12, 2021
Martinsville-Henry County has a great resource to boost our community's social services and economy from drug rehabilitation programs to housing and education. Check out all the wonderful things The Harvest Foundation is doing for us from the funds that were donated from the sale of our community hospital a few years ago because Memorial Hospital was initially built and funded by the community.
See link for more information. https://www.theharvestfoundation.org/
June 12, 2021
Ready to get outside and play again? Check out all the wonderful outdoor recreational opportunities in our community from "Ride & Dine" bike riding at the Dick & Willie Trail, wine tasting at Hamlett Winery to our first annual Henry County Fair. We are an active community and we would love you to join us here.
See link for more information at VisitMartinsville.com/Upcoming-Events
Sept. 4, 2019
Virginia Housing and Urban Development (VHDA) is dedicated to providing low cost mortgage loans for first time home buyers. They have several programs including down payment assistance. See the following link for information and call us to help you navigate the loan process and search for your new home.
Down Payment Assistance Program
May 30, 2019
Here is a link to the Martinsville-Henry County Tourism Office Facebook Post of upcoming events. Visit Facebook.com/VisitMartinsville for more information.
May 25, 2019
One of the best orginizations for the arts in Martinsville-Henry County is Piedmont Arts Center which has a museum of arts located at 215 Starling Ave, Martinsville, VA 24112. Here is a link to their calendar of events.