This 263.5 Acres Estate has been in the same family for over 100 years. In the late 1800's and early 1900's a man by the name of M.T. Garst ran a store on this property at County Line Road. Garst was know as a "gauger" at the time when the IRS taxed the liquor trade. See images of the IRS certificate and photos of early gaugers. The property now known as the Smith Plantation has been managed as a cattle farm as well as a tree farm. There are plantings of loblolly, white pine and yellow pine (mainly Virginia pine) as well as hardwoods throughout. See forestry map showing the dates of various plantings. This would make a great place for a homestead with several good building sites with views of the mountains.
Listing courtesy of Southern Virginia Properties.